I wax on and on within the thing (how meta) about how profound an attachment I have to this weird piece of intellectual property (so I won't get too deep into it here) but suffice it to say that I've taken my love for a cartoon and attempted to channel it into as many different pieces of trinketdom and ephemera that I could.
Incidentally, this is one of the only times I've worked on a project for more than a year. Crazy to me.
This 'Fankit' (which I'm hoping is an idea that makes enough sense so as to be able to move units) includes the following items:
- Black-Reflective Leliel back patch — You gotta see it to believe it, which is only something you can do in the dark with a spotlight, because otherwise it is from the unseeable shadow-realm.
- Double-Posted Mass Production Pin — Sometimes the only thing that will do is a knife through the head.
- AT Field Keychain + SEELE Penny — Remind everybody everywhere that you go that your keys are far beyond their comprehension. And also get carted off to jail for having a customized ice-cream penny in your possession.
- Deluxe, 48-page Fanbook — This was fun to make. I wrote some stuff in it.
- 11x17" Misato Pinup — This was also fun to make. I made the poster I've always wanted. Oh it's also double-sided.
- Bonus Listbook — Throughout the course of making the fanbook, I had some additional ideas that I (of course) made into another book.
- Double-Sided Totebag* — This was the first thing I made for this project...it's a tote with the OG SEELE logo on one side and their motto on the other side. Dare them all to understand.
*Totebags come with the first 15 fankits purchased.
If you like Neon Genesis Evangelion, and you are even remotely aware of and/or tolerant of Hateball/Therefore, Nul, then I think you'll like this little package of products and I urge you to consider its purchase. Thank you for looking.
Special bonus content: My beloved son (who's current aspiration is to be a professional toy-reviewer on YouTube) gave me a serious nod by looking over and calling out the various components of this release. If you'd like to take a look, you can watch below or click here to view on IG. Thank you Jonahbot.
Celebrity endorsement ☝️ #jonahbot was kind enough to give my upcoming #evangelion fankit his deluxe treatment... It's available at 8am on 6/27, #linkinbio 🙌 Swipe for a sweetie: #keychain ➡️ #enamelpin ➡️ reflective #backpatch ➡️ #fanbook ➡️ #zine ➡️ #poster ➡️ #totebag / bso to @maddieespi ✨ #jjj #pingame #patchgame #nge #neongenesisevangelion #thereforenul #hateball